Frequently Asked Questions
Here’s answers to some of the most common questions we get asked
2-3 Toward Road, Sunderland, SR1 2QF | tel: 0191 5676160 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How can we help you?
- Just get in touch with us at the details below and one of our Housing Team will get in touch to ask about your current circumstances.
- What does YMCA Wearside offer?
- We have 115 beds with differing Supported services available across multiple sites within Wearside.
- How do I get in touch with the right person?
- If you get in touch with us via our contact details below or on any of our Social Media platforms i.e. Facebook, Google we’ll get back to you as soon as possible etc.
- Does it matter if I don’t live in the Tyne & Wear area to be able to get a bed with YMCA?
- No, it doesn’t matter.
- Can the YMCA Wearside help me to apply for Housing Benefit?
- Yes, if you are eligible with the local authority.
- Will the YMCA Wearside help me sort out my Universal Credit account?
- Yes, if you’re eligible.
- What if I’m new to the area, can YMCA Wearside help me get registered with Healthcare services etc?
- Yes, with Doctors, Dentists and other services.
- How can I move on from the YMCA Wearside?
- We have Move On properties available and can help with signposting to other landlords and housing providers.
- Is there support for my drug and alcohol use?
- We have specialised staff on site that can give advice.
- I’m trying to start some Further Education, can the YMCA Wearside help me to make a start?
- We have trained staff who can help you get in touch with the right organisations
- Can I claim Universal Credit while I’m staying at the YMCA Wearside?
- Yes, If you are eligible.
- What have I got to pay for at YMCA Wearside?
- The payable Service charge covers rent and utilities.
If you have any more questions, please feel free to get in touch using the contact details below and we’ll be happy to help all we can.
If you’d like to know more about what we do and how we can help make a difference to a Young Person’s life, then please get in touch with us on the below details and our Housing Team will help you.